Everyone seeks the glory of Google’s first page, yet many do so with elements that are not really Google-friendly. According to a Philadelphia SEO expert, many links pointing to the page still help it to rise, but it’s not just the quantity of the links but the quality. Another SEO Miami expert added it doesn’t matter where the business is located; link building is still a necessary factor of SEO.
The Weight of Links
Strategic link building is crucial to search engine optimization. It’s the process that allows for a high number of links that point to your website or a page on your website. Building a network of quality links is a time-consuming process, but it is essential to achieve results in the top positions of search engines. To implement effective link building strategies, it is important to understand what it is and how it works.
Imagine you have a website that promotes your business in the manufacturing of industrial molds and to be in competition with another company that produces the same type of mold. One of the factors that determine your site’s position in the search engine results page (SERP) is link popularity.
There are a number of link building strategies used to obtain links from external sites to yours.
1. First, you create great content and interesting texts in which people want to see, and this is the best and most natural way to get inbound links to your site.
2. Secondly, write articles — lots of them. Submit your articles, news and your press releases to directory sites that offer this service.
3. It’s very useful to identify influential bloggers and blogs dealing with issues related to business and that you may be interested in writing about you.
4. Link building is also created by the submission of a link in micro-blogging services such as Twitter or social networks like Facebook or Linkedin. For this reason, it is important to be present and vocal on social networks.
5. Finally, find forums and communities where we discuss topics related to your product/service. Sign up and attends the environment, comments and demonstrated active in conversations, not “spam” other users by entering only the link to your site, but creates interesting conversations and participates in those of others.
Of course, to participate in forums, writing articles, press releases and news you need to have plenty of time and copywriting skills to produce effective content. If you have little time to devote to these activities, here is an easy technique that will help you optimize your link building strategies.
• Anchor Text: One of the most important factors in the ranking of a page is using the same text that represents the link; this text is called the anchor text.
Take for example the phrase “Anchor Text — Wikipedia’s Answer”, this is a good method to use because the linked text contains most of the exact words contained in the title of the post to which I’m linking to. It carries more weight when your anchor text shows relevance to what is being linked.
• Quality of the linked page: another factor taken into consideration is the quality of the page that sends the link. Search engines give higher scores or rankings to sites that are linked to pages of quality and relevant to the subject matter, rather than sites of low value that deal with varying themes.
• Build internal links to the site: You can set up a system of inter-related connections between your pages in a few simple steps, by exploiting the architecture of the information contained in your site.
Identify the most relevant keywords to create your link and then link the content of your pages with a targeted Anchor Text. Utilize this method by relating the contents of a single page to the other pages within your site.
Want to Know Your Competitor’s Link Building Strategy?
Finally, one of the most overlooked link building strategies is investigating which websites are linking to your competitors and analyze them.
There are several useful tools that help analyze a competitor’s link building strategies which can then help you decide how to strategically design your campaign.
Link building isn’t a difficult concept but it does require work and a strategic plan to help move up in page rankings.
All too often company heads under value their SEO needs, and approach optimization strategies as an afterthought. Have you noticed the page rankings of competing websites are continuing to soar, leaving you wondering why your expectations have yet to convene? Many businesses are still ignoring valued expert advice that quickly helps sites rank by leaps and bounds. It’s such a simple fix.
If you are not meeting your expectations for higher page rankings, it doesn’t matter where you’re located. If you need an expert in SEO Miami, Philadelphia, New York, or anywhere in between can utilize SEO techniques to boost your online ranking.